5 injured in explosion at Villa Road Primary

5 injured in explosion at Villa Road Primary

Monday, January 27, 2020

Print this page Email A Friend!

MANCHESTER, Jamaica – Five people have been hospitalised following a gas leak and explosion at Villa Road Primary School here earlier this morning.

According to school officials, at about 10:00 am a Petcom truck was delivering gas at the school when there was an explosion. Three canteen workers (one man and two women) were injured during the blast, along with two Petcom employees.

They were rushed to the nearby Mandeville Regional Hospital with first and third degree burns.

Staff members have since transferred all students to a nearby residential property. No student was injured during the explosion.

Kasey Williams

Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at http://bit.ly/epaperlive




1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper � email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

comments powered by Disqus



Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon