Fire destroy houses in St Elizabeth, Westmoreland
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Fire believed to be caused by an electrical short-circuit early Sunday morning destroyed a six-apartment dwelling in Thatch Walk district, Bull Savannah in St Elizabeth.
Information received is that about 1:00am a neighbour who heard a loud banging sound went to investigate and discovered that the house was ablaze. The Santa Cruz Fire Department was summoned and one unit extinguished the blaze.
The house was not insured and an estimated loss not ascertained
Meanwhile, in another case fire believed to be caused by a lit candle destroyed a four apartment board dwelling on Hermitage Road, Red Ground in Westmoreland.
Reports are that about 1:55am neighbours discovered that the house was on fire and alerted the occupants. The Negril Fire Department responded and carried out cooling down operations.
Loss is estimated at $1.5m. It is not known if the house was insured.
Investigations continue in both cases.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver