Latest News

Fire destroys house in St Thomas

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 | 1:44 PM    

Print this page Email A Friend!


BATH, St Thomas - Fire of unknown origin destroyed a two-bedroom board dwelling in Gordon Lane, Bath, St Thomas yesterday.

Reports from the Bath Police are that about 3:30pm the occupants were at home when they smelt smoke coming from a section of the house. Checks revealed that a room was engulfed in flames. The fire quickly spread to other sections of the house.

The police and Morant Bay Fire Department were alerted.

Loss is estimated at J$2 million. The house was not insured.

Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver

Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

Do you think the current Enquiry will bring any benefit to residents of Tivoli Gardens?
Yes
No


View Results »


ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT