MANDEVILLE, Manchester — The Police are advising members of the public that in order to facilitate a March Past — the Jamaica Constabulary Force's official participation in the Independence celebrations — road closures will be instituted in Mandeville..
The closures will run from tomorrow to Monday, August 6.
The details are as follows:
The following roads will be closed at 8:00 am, until the end of the proceedings each day:
- Manchester Road, north in the vicinity of Top Loaf Bakery;
- Manchester Road, south in the vicinity of Willowgate; and
- Main Street in the vicinity of the Manchester Credit Union.
Resulting from these closures, the following alternative routes are being suggested:
- Vehicles travelling in a southerly direction should use Grove Road;
- Vehicles travelling along Main Street should use Race Course Road, via Caledonia Road; and
- Vehicles entering Main Street via Ward Avenue should use Perth Road
Also, parking during the event will be facilitated at the following areas:
- Holsum Bakery car park
- Parish Council Car Park
- Mandeville Plaza
- Willowgate Plaza
- Municipal car park (near Lane Plaza)
Motorists are being advised to expect delays and detours along these roadways and others in the general vicinity. Police personnel will be deployed at various points along the route, and motorists should obey their instructions.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver