ST JAMES, Jamaica - Constable Ricardo McKay, who was assigned to the Anchovy Police Station in St James died last night at about 10:20pm in Content, Hanover.
Director of Communication for the Jamaica Constabulary Force, Karl Angell said that based on preliminary investigations it appears that the circumstances leading to ...more »
KINGSTON, Jamaica — Up to late this afternoon (October 25), workmen from the National Works Agency (NWA) had managed to re-open just over 40 roadways, which had been blocked by debris, consequent on the passage of Hurricane Sandy.
This is out of a total of 150, which had been blocked by debris, inclusive of fallen trees and silt, the NWA’s Communications and Customer Services Manager, Stephen Shaw, said.
Shaw pointed out that the roadways have been re-opened to single lane access, with priority being given to corridors in the parishes of St Andrew, St Catherine, and St Thomas, which were reportedly among the hardest hit.
While pointing to the challenges, which the crews have been experiencing with lingering rains from the hurricane, and the volume of debris encountered, Shaw assured that “our teams are out and we are making special efforts to have blocked corridors opened as quickly as possible.”
Shaw was, however, unable to provide an estimate of the damage, as this exercise is still to be completed.
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.