Traffic changes for Reggae Boyz WCQ
KINGSTON, Jamaica — Several traffic changes will be effected for the World Cup Qualifying match at the National Stadium in Kingston today.
The changes will come in effect at 5:00 pm.
The planned traffic changes are:
Authur Wint Drive
• Authur Wint Drive, from its junction with North Avenue will be used as a ‘One Way’ with the two lanes allowing traffic to proceed towards the National Stadium. Motorists will be required to turn left onto Roosevelt Avenue, right onto Stanton Terrace, right onto Mountain View Avenue, right on upper Authur Wint Drive and into the car parks.
Mountain View Avenue/Deanery Road
• The northern-bound section of the Mountain View Avenue dual carriageway will be closed to the general motoring public. Only JUTC buses and vehicles transporting patrons to the match will be allowed access.
NB: During the match, this section of the road will re-open to vehicular traffic.
Roosevelt Avenue/Stanton Terrace
Only vehicles displaying VIP stickers will be allowed access from Stanton Terrace onto Roosevelt Avenue in order to use the VIP entrance at gate E1 along Authur Wint Drive.
Old Hope Road/Latham Avenue
• Latham Avenue, at the intersection with Old Hope Road will be closed to vehicular traffic.
Mountain View/Stanton Terrace
• Police personnel will be in place at this junction to assist motorists coming from Stanton Terrace and turning right onto Mountain View Avenue.
Authur Wint/Statue Road vicinity main gate.
• Police personnel will be in place to keep a pedestrian area free from vehicular traffic as well as to coordinate activities along Authur Wint Drive in the vicinity of the car park entrances.
The general public will gain access to the stadium at Gates E4-8.
No firearms, knives, drugs, ice picks, machetes, glass bottles and other items that could be used to cause serious harm or injury will be allowed inside the stadium, the police warned.
In addition licenced firearm holders should make arrangements to leave their firearms with their local police.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver