Latest News

Two injured in MoBay KFC fire

BY HORACE HINES Observer staff reporter hinesh@jamaicaobserver.com

Friday, July 13, 2012 | 1:18 PM    

Print this page Email A Friend!


MONTEGO BAY, St James — Two persons employed at the KFC Fairview Complex in Bogue were rushed to hospital  after they suffered from smoke inhalation resulting from a fire which broke out in the kitchen at the restaurant this morning.

The condition of the workers is not known.

However, the fire caused temporary disruption of operations at the facility.

According to Assistant Superintendent Conroy Clans of the Montego Bay Fire Department, five units responded to a call at KFC about 10:30 this morning.

The fire, which was confined to the kitchen, was reportedly started in a fryer.

Firefighters are now ventilating the building to rid it of smoke.

Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver

Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

Did the NWC prepare adequately for the current drought?
Yes
No


View Results »


ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT