That Jamaica's Prime Minister Mrs Portia Simpson Miller has been named as a potential world leader is neither good nor bad, in itself.
It may be significant, however, along with the naming of other female world leaders, as one of the signs of the times, of this age.
Following are some of the undeniable current "signs", in Jamaica and around the world, which has long been authoritatively characterised as "Sodom and Egypt" , and even as "Babylon", which "has fallen.. and is falling" (Rev 11 & 18).
In those days:
- Children will be their oppressors and women will rule over them.."(Isaiah 3:12)
- "Many will run to and fro.. and knowledge shall be increased.."(Daniel 12:4)
- And even as they did not like to retain Yahweh in their knowledge, Yahweh gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not proper: "Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, debate, deceit..."
- "Backbiters, haters of Yahweh, spiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents"
- "Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful" (Holy Name Version).