An Innovative Approach - Part 2
Under the Dryer
The Salon Innovation team has been making strides in the local beauty industry as a business that is always improving the services they offer to their consumers. The business, which started over 18 years ago, not only caters to haircare but also has expanded to include a variety of spa and beauty services. The Under the Dryer team shares part two of our recent visit to the fab New Kingston Shopping Centre salon.
Clients: Anjulie Young, Nadia Clarke-Norton and Laurie Wiggon.
Anjulie Young, General Manager of New Kingston Pharmacy
The effervescent Anjulie made a quick stop at the salon to do her nails before heading to work. Perhaps seen as merely a convenient stop, Young insisted it was more than just the salon of choice because of its proximity to her office. "They are absolutely fantastic here! The service I get here always exceeds my expectations," she explained.
* Remove old nail polish from the nails with a cotton ball misted with nail polish remover.
* Soak hands in warm water to allow the cuticles to soften.
* Use the orange stick to push back the cuticles.
* Apply nails using an acrylic overlay.
* Buff and shape the nails using a buffer and nail file respectively.
* Apply a base coat.
* Allow the nails to dry.
* Use a stencil over the nails and airbrush the design with colours of your choice.
I am sure that the design I've received is unique; the only one like this in the world (laughs).
Nadia Clarke-Norton, NCB Senior Supervisor
Usually Nadia makes the trip to the salon with her daughter. However, today she went by herself as she simply needed to get her eyebrows waxed. "The experience here is always good. I find that Obrian is very professional and always does an amazing job. Today was no exception. My brows are perfect!" shared an enthusiastic Clarke-Norton.
What are the benefits of waxing your eyebrows?
With so many options for hair removal -- tweezing, threading, shaving, etc -- why would one opt for waxing? Though waxing can be uncomfortable and painful for most, there are several benefits to the procedure. "I think most of my clients like that it is a quicker method to remove unwanted hair. So it's convenient for the woman on the go. Plus it tends to last for up to four weeks before the hair starts to grow back," shared Salon Innovation's waxing expert Obrian Rowe.
Obrian's Hot Tip:
To reduce irritation to the skin, be sure to apply powder to the area before applying the hot wax.
Laurie Wiggon, Chartered Accountant
"I just love that they always give me suggestions on how to make me look fantastic," shared Wiggon as she got her hair styled. This is perhaps the reason Wiggon has remained loyal to the salon for the past four years. During her routine visit, she not only got her hair relaxed, but also got helpful tips from her stylist Alexia Walters on how to maintain that 'fresh from the salon' look for the rest of the week.
* Cleanse the hair and scalp with Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo.
* Rinse the product from the hair, then apply Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner.
* Apply a mixture of Smooth 'N Shine Styling Mousse and Kizzy Pomade then flat-wrap the hair.
* Sit under the dryer for 40 minutes to an hour (depending on the texture of your hair).
* Once the hair is dry, use a roller brush and a hairdryer to give the hair body.
* Use a flat iron to further straighten the hair.
* Finish the look by misting the hair with Motions Oil Sheen and Conditioning Spray.
I think it's fabulous!
New Kingston Shopping Centre
30 Dominica Drive