With Beach J’Ouvert mere hours away, your Get The Look team is splashing right in! Pun definitely intended. Here’s how to create this gorgeous, ever-so-glamorous Carnival make-up look.
You will need...
Gold leaves from any local craft or fabric store
Here’s How To Get The Look...
1. Cleanse face thoroughly. Apply a non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) moisturiser, primer (eg, Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser by Maybelline) and a medium-to-full coverage foundation (eg, L’OrÃ©al True Match super-blendable make-up).
Also add a translucent powder all over the face to set the foundation (eg, Make Up For Ever HD translucent powder).
2. Prime eyelids with a white primer pencil to help make eyeshadow colours pop when applied (eg, NYX Jumbo Milk Pencil).
3. With a small eyeshadow make-up brush apply a gold or yellow eyeshadow to the inner corner of the eyes and sweep this colour over eyelids using a windshield wiper motion stopping at the centre of the lids.
Then, using a blue or green eyeshadow, fill in the rest of the eyelid towards the outer corner of the eyes.
Next, add a dark shade of green eyeshadow — evergreen — in a circular motion to the very outer corners of each eye (Morphe 35S eyeshadow palette was used and is great for creating this look.)
4. Using spirit gum as your adhesive, apply gold leaves one by one, to form a circular pattern around each of the eyes with the exception of the inner corners of the eyes.
Next, with a medium-sized make-up brush, apply a bright pink or purple eyeshadow to the spaces left in between the gold leaves. Go in with that make-up brush again and pull that bright colour outwards, a little further past where the leaves end.
Using the spirit gum adhesive again, apply purple and pink rhinestones randomly in a few of the spaces that occur between the adhered gold leaves, to create a masquerade ball-like mask.
5. Lips: Apply a purple liquid-to-matte lipcream all over lips (eg Milani Amorre liquid-to-matte lipcream). Then apply a layer of bright pink lipstick to only the centre of the upper and lower lips (eg, MAC lipstick in Candy Yum Yum.) Using a small make-up brush, apply glitter sealant to the areas that the bright pink lipstick was added to. Now, with a separate small make-up brush, pick up a small amount of pink/fuchsia coloured cosmetic glitter and dab it on to the areas of upper and lower lips covered with the glitter sealant. Allow a few seconds to pass for lips to dry.
6. To prolong wear, spray the entire face in short bursts with a setting spray (eg, Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix setting spray.)
Voila! Carnival ready!