Glam-Chic this Christmas
The Christmas season is chock-full of festivities that require you to look your best. With your outfit and hair looking fabulous, your face needs to be equally perfect. Don't just show up at your holiday party, be sure to make a memorable appearance! One of the region’s renowned make-up gurus, Racquel Jenkins Moss-Solomon, proprietor of Racquel J Makeup Studio gave us front-row seats as she transformed two women with ultra-glam looks that are guaranteed to be the talk of the social scene. Be the envy of your clique as you follow keenly the directions brought exclusively by the Get the Look team.
Our first look is for the reserved chicster who dares to be bold.
1. Apply Scott Barnes’ Body Bling and Eve Pearl Moisturizer to prime the face so that the make-up lasts all night.
2. With a damp brush, apply Eve Pearl grey shimmery shadow to the eyelids.
3. Create a wing-shaped contour to the lids with Eve Pearl black shadow (Do not blend as you want to keep the intensity of the shadow).
4. Emphasise the eyes by lining with Eve Pearl black liquid liner.
5. Exaggerate the brows with Make Up For Ever eyebrow gel. 6. Use a brush to place the various tones of foundation and blend with a damp — sponge.
7. Apply concealer under eyes and beneath brows for highlights.
8. Lightly sweep Eve Pearl loose powder across the face to set the make-up.
9. Fuse Eve Pearl Cream Blush (Toffe) with bronzer to highlight cheeks.
10. Contour cheekbones and nose with Eve Pearl brown shadow.
11. Line lips with Eve Pearl Brownie lip liner and apply Make Up For Ever rouge artist intense15 lip colour.
12. Enhance look by adding lashes and brown contact lenses.
13. To seal the look, spritz with a Ben Nye Final Seal (Matte Make-up Sealer).
This on-trend look is inspired by Rihanna's song Diamonds. You will be the envy of your friends if you master this trend for your hot ticket party this season.
1. From the YSL Fall palette, apply aqua shimmery eyeshadow.
2. Using clear lash glue and tweezers, carefully place silver Swarovski crystals on the lids.
3. Highlight water line with Make Up For Ever silver liner.
4. Enhance and shape brows with Make Up For Ever eyebrow gel.
5. Apply Eve Pearl Foundation and blend into the hairline and beyond the jawline.
6. Use Eve Pearl concealer to highlight the brow line and under the eyes.
7. Use Eve Pearl brown shadow to contour the cheeks and nose.
8. To make the lips pop, apply Make Up For Ever rouge artist natural.
9. Accentuate the look with lashes and hazel contact lenses.
10. Squirt Ben Nye Final Seal (Matte Make-up Sealer) to complete the look.
Models: Stephanie Bryan and Jahna Cornwall were shot on location at Racquel J Makeup Studio.
Racquel J Makeup Studio
Suite 18, Eden Gardens • 39 Lady Musgrave Road
Kingston 5 • Tel: 946-2507