Located at the top of Molynes Road is the award-winning, unassuming hair salon that's quietly garnering accolades. Under the Dryer takes you to Lila's Salon, where four of her clients are having their hair stylishly groomed. Trudy-Ann Russell proudly shares that she has been going to hairstylist and owner Lila Dayes for the last five years. "The winning formula makes my service experience different", says Lila, who believes in delivering first-class professional service to all her clients. As you enter the salon, the leading haircare products lining the wall greet your eyes. Fresh off Lila's SexyHair hairstyle competition win, we feature fresh, hip hairdos that we dare say will turn heads and elicit nods of approval.
The Professional 'do — Kemorine Buchanan
Hairstylists: Sherrian Mitchell and Lila Dayes.
1. Cleanse hair with Nexxus Hair Volumising Shampoo.
2. Moisturise and soften the hair with KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. Apply twice. (Photo 1340)
3. Leave in KeraCare Humector Crème Conditioner for 10 minutes.
4. Apply KeraCare Silken Seal and KeraCare Strengthening Thermal Protector to hair.
5. Sherrian sets Kemorine's hair and places her under the dryer for 30 minutes. (Photo 1345)
6. Blow-dry hair for styling. (Photo 1366)
7. Spray KeraCare Styling Spritz and Matrix Vavoom Gold Heat on hair
8. Flat-iron hair and spray KeraCare Oil Sheen to finish hair. (Photo 1409)
The Asymmetrical Cut — Trudy-Ann Russell
Hairstylists: Sherrian Mitchell, Novlette Hall and Lila Dayes
1. Trim hair in the asymmetrical style. (Photo 1343)
2. Combine RedKen 10 Volume and RedKen Blond Dimension and apply to sections of the hair front.
3. Wash hair using RedKen Color Extend Shampoo. (Photo 1353)
4. Condition hair with RedKen Color Extend
5. Spray RedKen Color Extend Shine to seal in moisture.
6. Spray RedKen Color Extend Total Recharge on hair
7. Set hair and sit under the dryer.
8. Use RedKen 01, Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk and RedKen Color Extend Shine Enrich to style hair. (Photo 1435)
The I 'do — Ashli Alexander
Hairstylist: Lila Dayes
1. Massage CHI Silk Infusion into hair.
2. Spray KeraCare Stylign Spritz lightly on hair.
3. Create a ponytail to the side in the middle of the head. (Photo 1370)
4. Apply KeraCare Edge Tamer on hair.
5. Flat-iron hair, then curl to create the required look. (Photo 1374)
6. Spray Matrix Gold Heat to hair.
The Funky Mohawk — Dionne Weir
Hairstylists: Lila Dayes, Sherrian Mitchell & Novlette Hall
1. Trim hair to create the Mohawk look. (Photo 1355)
2. Wash hair with Sexyhair Color Safe. Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner.
3. Spray Neirobi Wrapp-it Shine Foaming Lotion on hair. (Photo 1362)
4. Novlette wraps Dionne's hair to sit under the dryer. (Photo 1381)
5. Use curling iron to style Mohawk and spray SexyHair Soy Renewal, SexyHair Spray and Stay, SexyHair Weather Proof and SexyHair Big Shine to complete the look. (Photo 1421)
"Creating that Look"
Shop #4, Jerry's Commercial Complex
2 Molynes Road
For the best in haircare services. Wedding packages available.