Get the Look
The trend reports indicate that metallics are in this season. Designers have showcased several metallic pieces in the fall collections and with summer fast approaching, make-up artistes have been creating many on-trend looks using metallic eye shadows. In a recent interview with British magazine The Closer, Rihanna's personal make-up artist Kabuki declared that this trend is perfect for the transition from a daytime to night-time look depending on the richness of application. "Get party-ready from work by adding a touch of metallic eyeshadow
over eyelids — silver is really big news this summer. Then apply a couple of single false lashes towards the outer eye and you'll be all set," he shared. Harper's Bazaar also named white silver metallic as the go-to shade for the summer. "Reflective washes of white silver spark up the eyes and brow bones. The moonbeam hue subtly graced the lids at Chanel and Ralph Lauren while dramatic streaks of it were seen at Phillip Lim," stated Kari Molvar of Harper's Bazaar.
* Sweep a shimmery shade of eyeshadow across the upper part of the lids.
* Add a darker shade to the outer part of the lid and blend into the creases.
* Line the inner rims of the eye with a kohl or liquid eyeliner.
* Urban Decay Naked Palette
* MAC Peacocky: Mega Metal Eyeshadow
* L'Oreal H.I.P. Metallic Eye Shadow Duos.