Something so nice just has to be done twice, and lucky for us, The Jamaica Observer agrees. Last year we gladly participated in Salut! Cater-In and were completely satisfied and this year decided to do it again. The party has grown this year from four to 14 and, with a bit more time to plan ahead, I decided to add a few extra touches.
This year I made invitations for my guests, place cards and menu cards so that our guests knew what decadent and delicious fare Chef Christian Sweeney had in store.
For the décor I decided to use what I already have, so black and white was the theme. I also had decorative card stock in black and white patterns and metallic red, so that is what I used for this project. I then added a chartreuse ribbon for contrast and to brighten up the invite.
So for this project you will need:
• Decorative card stock
• Coloured paper
• 3 /8-inch ribbon
You will then:
• Type text of your choice for invitation. Don't forget date, time and venue. Dress code and hosts can also be included.
• Print text on solid-coloured paper and cut-outs.
• Cut out decorative paper in same size as text, but at least an inch wider all around.
• Glue text to decorative paper.
• Use ribbon to pipe text paper and cover edges Voila! You're done.
The place cards and menu are done in basically the same way, except they need to be twice as wide so that the card can be folded into a stand.
Support our caterers by organising your own dining experience. Salut!