It's all about bright colours this season, and not even your lips will be spared. Eye-popping neon-coloured lipsticks are the new rage and we've got the top five colours to make your lips pop in this week's edition of Get The Look.
When it comes to this season's hottest lip colours, be bold and daring because it's all about bright, daring and vibrant mattes. Switch things up a bit and dare to take on the colours of the rainbow this season. Here are your top five picks from the summer colour wheel according to totalbeauty.com.
1. Neon Pink Pepto Pink: An ultra-bright pink is such a joyful shade, and it's one of the quintessential summer lip colours. Pale pink is nice for spring, but an electric shade is perfect for summer. As long as you keep the rest of your make-up routine minimal, don't be afraid to go for a loud lipstick.
Try MAC Lipstick in Candy Yum-Yum for perfect pink lips.
2. Lilac: This shade of purple may seem a little out-of-the-box at first, but don't be scared. A pale shade of lilac transitions seamlessly from a day at the beach to a hot summer's night out in the city. Plus, this gorgeous lip colour will brighten up your complexion and make you glow.
To get the look try this: Maybelline New York Color Whisper in Oh La Lilac.
3. Peach: A juicy shade of peach is one of the ultimate lip colours for summer, because it gives off a beachy, laid-back vibe that will get you into vacation mode, pronto. Complete your look with two coats of waterproof mascara, and you've got the perfect summer beauty routine.
The perfect shade of peach: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Smoked Peach.
4. Tangerine: Tangerine is one of those colours that was just made for summer. If you love the colour of peach but want to dial up the drama a bit, then tangerine is your go-to summer lipstick shade.
The perfect shade of tangerine: Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Lipstick in Deep Tangerine.
5. Fire Engine Red: A red-hot lip is clearly a perfect choice for summer because it is the colour most closely associated with heat and fire. Instead of wearing a darker brick colour in the summer, it's best to go for a truly bright shade, like fire-engine red.
The perfect shade of fire-engine red: Illamasqua Lipstick in Deep Scarlett Red