The Under the Dryer shares part two of our visit to the chic Jus’ Natural Hair Studio in Portmore Town Centre, where bartenders from J Wray & Nephew were also present, preparing refreshing mixes of Absolut Peach Sex on the Beach cocktails for their clients. Clients: Princess Addisa Wainwright and Tsojourna McLean.
The Jus' Natural Hair Studio team certainly had their hands full with three-year-old Tsojourna. The über-cute toddler preferred running around than sitting to get her hair braided. However, with much encouragement from mum Princess Tsobee, she got a brand new ’do for her summer break.
• Cleanse the hair with tea tree shampoo.
• Interlock hair extensions in the hair.
• Create flat-twists to the side of the hair and fasten this with an elastic band.
• Apply a combination of Smooth 'N Shine Styling Mousse and Pump It Up! Gold Styling Spritz to the hair for sheen and hold.
• Place hair in perm rods.
• Blow-dry the hair.
• Once dry, unwind the hair from the rods and set curls in place.
Tsojourna's take: It’s pretty!
Princess Addisa Wainwright
This Florida native makes coming to Jus’ Natural a priority when visiting Jamaica. “This is my sister Princess Tsobee Dunn's place, so it feels like home. Plus, they always do an excellent job,” she explained. She decided to get a look that would last her for weeks since she would be going back home shortly after her visit to the salon. The hairstyle is unique, as it allows you to style it in three ways.
• Cleanse the hair and scalp with shampoo.
• Moisturise the scalp with hair oil.
• Apply moisturiser on the hair.
• Palm-roll the new growth of the locks.
• Create petal-like folds.
• Fasten the folds in place with elastic bands (wear this look for as long as you need).
Look two is usually done two weeks after ‘Look One’ is first created. The scalp may get dirty after two weeks. Therefore, you may want to start by cleansing the scalp. You may do this by misting the hair with spray shampoo to clean scalp, while still maintaining the curls.
• Allow drying before applying oil to the scalp.
• Carefully remove the elastic bands from the hair.
• Contour the curls with your fingers.
• Flat-twist the sides of the hair away from the face.
• Fasten each flat-twist in place with an elastic band.
Princess Addisa's take: I love keeping my hair curly. This is a versatile look to rock my curls. Plus, it can last for a long time.
Jus' Natural Hair Studio Shop #40 Portmore Town Centre
Tel: 876-998-8879/ 876- 854-5859