The Beautiful Bride
Get the Look
Every bride aspires to be the most beautiful woman in the room on her wedding day. Though the task of choosing the particular hairstyle, make-up and dress for the wedding may seem arduous, with the right team it should be made easier. The staff of Face Forward Cosmetics and Soft Sheen Carson attempted to make it easier for brides-to-be by displaying several on-trend bridal looks for 2012 at the recently staged Wyndham Wedding Spectacular on February 18 and 19. Here is how you can get a conservative yet stunning look for your Big Day...
Bridal Hairstyle Steps:
* Lightly mist the hair with Optimum Care Heat Protection Polisher to protect it from heat damage and boost sheen.
* To prepare the hair for the intense heat of the curling iron, mist the hair with Optimum Opti-Shape Thermal Styling Spray.
* Use a ceramic curling iron to mould the hair into a shape that adds movement and body.
* Mist the hair with Optimum Advanced High Gloss Shine Spray.
* Use a wide-tooth styling comb to finish the look.
Bridal Make-up Steps:
* Cleanse face.
* Apply Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics prepping fluids for smooth make-up application.
* Apply Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics liquid foundation using the airbrush machine.
* Lightly dust the face with Smashbox Halo Powder in Dark for a radiant finish.
* Apply espresso pencil along the brow bone .
* Apply a light gold eyeshadow in the crease.
* Contour the eyes with shades of plum and chocolate.
* Blend for a seamless finish.
* Line the eyelids with Smashbox Java.
* Apply Covergirl black mascara to the lashes.
* Use pressed powder and brush to clean up under the eye.
* Apply Smashbox nude lip liner, then Iman golden copper lipstick starting in the centre and working outwards,
* Finish the lips with a light application of Iman honey gloss.
* Finish with Sacha Russet blush on the apples of the cheeks — apply in a swirling motion towards the temples.
Model: Melissa Tulloch
Make-up: Face Forward Cosmetics
Hair: Carlyle Roberts
Dress: Petals and Promises