The Village Spa, which is conveniently located in the heart of Ocho Rios in the popular entertainment hub -- the Island Village Shopping Centre, opened its doors a mere two months ago. Though not completed, it now offers massages, manicures, pedicures, scrubs, massages and über-luxe raindrop spa treatment. The Under the Dryer team got the privilege to be amongst the first to experience Ocho Rios's newest hot spot. Here is what happened...
Clients: Suzanne Allen, Suzannah Whyte, and Delroy Morgan
What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than at the spa getting their signature pedicure? The relaxing pedicure made Allen feel like a brand new woman. "What I like the most about this spa is the privacy it affords me while I get my pedicure, unlike the salons I have been to," she shared.
* Soak the feet in warm water.
* Remove nail polish that may have been on the nails from your previous pedicure.
* Clean the cuticles.
* Shape the nails.
* Exfoliate using a sea salt scrub.
* Place the feet in warm water with essential oils.
* Dry the feet.
I really enjoy my experience here.
Your face is the first thing people see when they notice you. So it is probably a good idea to take care of it. The deep cleanse facial helps to give the skin a brighter and more youthful appearance. Whyte indulged in the service at the Village Spa.
* Cleanse the skin.
* Apply a toner to the skin to remove the last traces of your cleanser and restore the pH balance of the skin.
* Exfoliate the skin with a gentle scrub.
* Apply steam to the skin.
* Extract blackheads and whiteheads from the pores.
* Revitalise and tighten the skin by applying a mask. For those with oily skin, clay- based masks are best. For those with dry or sensitive skin, apply a hydrating gel mask or cream masks. For those with combination skin, apply a mud mask over the T-zone.
* Allow the mask to set for about 15 minutes.
* Gently remove the mask.
* Replenish the skin with a moisturiser.
We have a product line that is free from paraffin preservatives and fragrances. It has ingredients such as green apple stem cells combined with rich oils and avocado. The product is rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9. It helps to promote youthful and healthy complexions.
Scrub and Hot Stone Massage
Delroy Morgan, GM Island Village Shopping Centre
Being in a managerial position is often very stressful. Morgan, no doubt, was relieved to take a load off with the ultimate spa day. He got a hot stone massage followed by a luxurious body scrub.
Every 28 days our body sheds dead skin cells which are built up over a period of time. By doing an exfoliation we remove dead cells. This results in smooth, healthy skin.
It was great!