Hey, it's not OK ...
WHEN it comes to relationships, there are a lot of things you'll have to forgive and forget in the name of doing the through-thick-and-thin waltz. However, many persons use this as an excuse to put up with all sorts of dotishness, and settle for behaviours from their partners that are just not right. And with settling comes acceptance, and you often don't realise that you're living a warped existence until you get a lightbulb moment, whether from the remaining sane part of your brain, or from someone else knocking some sense into you.
Behaviours like the ones below are never OK, and if you experience any of them, you need to say heck no, this can't continue!
It's not OK:
1. For him to leave home for days at a time without telling you where he is going and with whom when you ask.
2. For him to beat you and ask, 'you see what you made me do?' , and then to later try to get back into your good graces by telling you he loves you and that it will never happen again.
3. For him to be involved with you, and his ex, and his other ex, and her sister.
4. For him to tell you it's OK to cheat as long as it's not in his bed. Which man who values his woman would want to share her with other men?
5. For you to not know any of his family members after a year of steady dating.
6. For him to tell you his phone is his private possession and you do not have the right to answer it. No one's giving you the authority to invade his privacy by going through his phone, but if he even takes it into the shower with him, wrapped in a plastic bag, it's not OK.
7. For him to borrow your money and not pay it back. He did say borrow. It's also not OK for him to steal same, and confess afterwards that he really wanted the funds to play Cash Pot.
8. For him to share intimate details about your relationship with another woman or with the guys, even if he's bragging about what a tigress you are.
9. For him to measure you each day and tell you are too fat, or give you pills to put on weight because he believes you are too skinny. It's also not OK for him to belittle you, and to shame you for any physical or emotional flaw that you may have.
10. For him to brush off conversations by telling you that you are "too miserable" and "everything bothers you".
11. For him to expect 90 per cent from you and refuse to compromise where your relationship growth is concerned.
12. For him to do the Kanye salute, and call you his perfect b—— or refer to you by any derogatory name used in Rap, even if it comes with a catchy beat.
13. For him to disrespect your family, even if your father is indeed a drunkard and your brother is a thief.
14. For him to control your every move like he's the police and you're on parole. You're not 12, he's not your father, and you don't need to give a blow by blow report every second that you're out.
15. For him to be a selfish, inconsiderate lover who won't reciprocate. If he won't give a little back, then he doesn't deserve a lover like you who's willing to go all out to please your man.