What to get your man for Christmas
SO it's Christmas Eve and many women are still sending me emails wanting to know what to get their men. Lucky for you women, we're not complicated and fairly easy to please.
Give us food, TV, sports, electronic gadgets, and some good love and we'll never need to leave the house. If you could roll all of these together into one gift, then we'd never leave you.
The key to all of this is: Pay attention to your man and see what he likes. Is he into golf? Cars? Video games? Programming everything in his apartment from his phone? Football? Once you are keyed in, then choosing a gift should be related to that.
Gifts you can't go wrong with
1. If he's into video games, get him an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Trust me on this. The good thing with this gift is that they can go on the web and play CDs and DVDs. The Xbox 360 works with iTunes as well so he can play the music he wants while playing his games or can just use it to play his favourite mixed CD. Now grab two games that relate to what he likes — if he's into cars maybe Grand Theft Auto IV; for football lovers you can't go wrong with Fifa 13; and if he thinks he's a bad man, Call of Duty.
2. A nice watch. Someone on Twitter said, why do you need a watch if you have a phone. Really? A watch is not just about telling time, it's about completing your look. We know you may not have a ton of money to spend on a Breitling, so a stylish, more affordable brand is Fossil, and a great mid-end is Michael Kors.
3. Gadgets, gadgets, gadgets — There's something in our DNA that makes us want to control the world from our fingertips. Don't hold this against us — use it to your advantage. Get him a car alarm with a remote start. Viper is a great brand and it can now be integrated with Siri. Let him start, lock and unlock his car with his phone and you just added a good six months to your relationship.
4. Speaking of Siri and technology... You can win his heart with an iPhone 5 this holiday or if that's a little above your budget, then an iPhone 4S will still do. If he's not into Siri then the next S on the list is the S3 by Samsung. I have one and I love it. Head to your nearest LIME store and tell them I sent you.
5. Make his ride more exciting. For the car lover, if you can't go out and get him a Bentley Continental GT or a Porsche Panerma, then make the ride he's in a little more exciting with a multimedia receiver. I like Pioneer, JVC & Kenwood, which will give you some options, but be sure it has bluetooth, CD/DVD players, Internet radio, touchscreen, and ability to play his iPod, and you'll be the star of his show.
6. Kindle. For the man in your life who likes to read — and I have heard that they still exist in a remote part of the island — one word: Kindle. It lets him read what he wants when he wants and where he wants. There are a variety of types to choose from at different prices.
7. Anything Apple. For the techie, anything that Apple puts out is good. iPad mini, iPad 3 or Macbook Air — if he doesn't propose to you after opening this up on Christmas morning, take it and leave him.
8. Smart TV. Remember how I said we love TV, sports and anything we can control from our fingertips? The Smart TV bundles all of this for us into one sleek package. I like the Samsung Slim LED HDTV. It has wifi, 2D and 3D, voice and gesture navigation, and Face activation — don't judge us, just buy one.
9. Music. This is where you can get creative. Figure out which artiste he loves the most and along with a couple of iTunes cards or music downloads of their latest music, include a pair of hi-tech headsets (I like Beats) and add two tickets to their next concert. Sting is a few days away and may make for an interesting night out for the both of you.
10. Engine reflash. The ultimate gift this year is an engine reflash. Yes I may be biased but how happy would your man be if you added more power and torque to his car without him having to spend thousands on new car parts? Spend a couple hundred on electronic tuning for his car and see how much horsepower he adds to your life. Win/win!
Email him at email@example.com.