Portfolio includes: ABSOLUT Vodka, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Jameson, Beefeater, Malibu, Kahlua, Sandeman and Blackwell Rum.
How did you land the job?
I previously worked for Caribbean Producers Jamaica before joining J Wray & Nephew in 2004. I was hired for a key account executive position by one of the previous managers of the company. I got a phone call with an offer after a chance meeting the day before while on the job.
How long have you been in the job?
I have been with the group for 8 years but in the position of brand manager for approximately 3 years. I was promoted to brand manager because of my hands-on approach with solving my customers' needs and the innovative solutions I would develop to help enable growth in their business. I have always had a great relationship with my customers over the years.
What's great about your job?
My job has given me the opportunity to actually convert consumers to Absolut, Chivas and Glenlivet. It's exciting to find creative ways to spawn a niche market for Absolut and the other brands in the Pernod Ricard portfolio. My position has also given me the opportunity to travel to interesting countries such as Denmark and Sweden, to name a few. It continues to offer me the chance to interact and interface with the consumers. I have grown in many ways throughout my tenure. The most important lesson learnt along the way has been that relationships transcend time and good relationships help to open many doors. I am extremely satisfied and content when a consumer chooses to purchase and enjoy any of the brands in the portfolio.
Tell us something that we might not know about the Wray and Nephew brand.
* J Wray & Nephew is the oldest company in Jamaica, having been started in 1825 by John Wray. In 1860, Wray took his 22-year-old nephew, Charles James Ward, into the business. The business from then on became known as J. Wray & Nephew.
* Over the decades, J Wray & Nephew has launched a number of products to commemorate significant milestones in the company's and the country's history including the Appleton Estate 12-year-old, Master Blender's Legacy, the Appleton Estate 21-year-old, the Appleton Estate 30-year-old and most recently the Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum: Jamaica Independence Reserve. This limited edition Appleton Estate 50-Year-Old Rum was created to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Jamaica's independence and each of the Marques has been aged for a minimum of 50 years in select oak barrels.
* J Wray & Nephew is one of the first companies in Jamaica to meet international quality standards. Our Kingston operations are ISO 14001:2004 certified for its Environmental Management System and has been managing its activities in accordance with Food Safety System Certification ISO 22000, the most stringent food safety management system for a manufacturing company.
* J Wray & Nephew has consistently won international awards over the years for its impressive range and quality of products including World Class Distillery and Distillery of the Year, Gold medals at World Spirit Awards, Excellent/ Strong recommendation at the Ultimate Spirits Challenge, Gold Medal in the International Spirits Challenge, Gold Medal and "Best in Class" award in the International Wine and Spirits Competition among many other product and company awards.
* J Wray & Nephew is strong on community involvement. The company donates millions of dollars every year to various charities and charitable endeavours. We support a number of charitable organisations annually, including but not limited to the Salvation Army, The United Way of Jamaica, Missionaries of the Poor, Mustard Seed Communities and The Jamaica Cancer Society. J. Wray & Nephew also hosts an annual Christmas treat for the over 550 students of the basic schools within Seaview Gardens and Waterhouse. Through our JWN Volunteers we have developed a mentorship programme which fosters and mentors the youth within our surrounding communities.
Where can consumers find out more about your brand?
www.Absolut.com and www.pernodricard.com