A trio of start-up business were celebrated as the “Three to Watch” at the Jamaica Observer Mogul in the Making event at the Courtleigh Auditorium in New Kingston last night.
The Reader’s Choice was Jamaicansmusic.com, founded by Alex Morrissey, with more than 3,500 votes in the online poll.
The expert panel selected C&E Innovational Services, led by Erica Wynter.
And the Observer business journalists picked Angelica Barrett’s Glad Helpers.
The gala event, which was streamed live on this website, featured a question-and-answer session in which our nominees and members of the public got to ask questions of the panel.
All 21 nominees are winners, by virtue of having had the courage to follow their dreams, and will receive, in addition to an article and photograph in the Observer newspaper and on its website, the following prizes:
One year’s discounted rates for print and web advertising contracts from The Jamaica Observer.
- A workshop on “Technology for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises”, from Flow;
- A workshop on “Record Keeping and Customer Service”, from Scotiabank; and
- A workshop on What bankers look for in an application”, from Scotiabank.
Each of the Three to Watch will also receive the following prizes:
- Complimentary one-year subscriptions to the unbeatable Jamaica Observer;
- A quarterly story in the paper and online about how they’re getting on;
- Mentoring, if needed, from our panel of experts;
- Quickbook 101 Financial Software from Scotiabank; and
- A one-month package of digital landline and Business Class internet bundles from Flow.