'Search Mi Heart' guest house goes up in smoke

Friday, August 22, 2014

Print this page Email A Friend!

DRAPERS, Portland — The four-bedroom 'Search Mi Heart' guest house (pictured here) was early yesterday morning destroyed by fire.

Italian visitor, Jeuseppe Sorrente, said he and the other occupants managed to grab their clothing and travel documents and rushed to safety after hearing an explosion.

"I was sleeping there and my girlfriend smelled smoke after which we heard a big boom and saw smoke coming into the room under the door so we opened the door and ran away, taking our bags," said Sorrente, who as well as his spouse, was among the four guests at the facility.

"... It is the fourth day of our holiday and we are lucky to be alive," said Sorrente, who said new arrangements would now have to be made to complete their stay. "The first think we took were our passports and clothes," he said.

The three other occupants, obviously shaken, declined to speak to our reporter.





1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper � email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

comments powered by Disqus



Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon