Axe over 522 firms
Some associated with Ronnie Thwaites, Dwight Nelson, John Junor
THE Companies Office of Jamaica (COJ) has given notice it will dissolve 522 companies, some of them associated with well-known names, unless they can give reasons why it should not do so within the next three months.
Among the names associated with companies warned by the COJ, an executive agency of the Anthony Hylton-led Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce, are:
* Ronald Thwaites, whose company was listed as Legal Managers Limited of 5 Jobank Close, Kingston 6;
* Dwight Nelson — Stone, Nelson and Associates Limited of 4 Beverly Drive, Kingston 6;
* John Junor — Lawpart Limited of 7 Paddington Terrace, Kingston 6;
* Arnold Bertram — Research and Project Development Ltd of Lillyfield Great House, St Ann;
* Harold Brady — McEnearney Alstons (Jamaica) Limited of 7 Ebony Glades, Kingston 8;
* Raymond Clough — M J K Farms of 81 Harbour Street, Kingston;
* Ezroy Millwood — Silver Dawn Crematorium and Funeral Planners Limited of 2 Park Avenue, Kingston 5; and
* Afeef Lazarus — Lando of 1B Sandhurst Avenue, Kingston 10.
The COJ said in press notices published Monday and yesterday that it had reasonable cause to believe that the companies on the list "are not carrying on business or in operation" and urged them to "take notice that at the expiration of three months... the names of the companies mentioned in the schedule hereto will, in accordance with the provisions of section 337 of the Companies Act, be struck off the Register of Companies and will be dissolved, unless cause is shown to the contrary".
The effective date of the notices are December 4, 2013; December 9, 2013 and December 12, 2013.
Several religious organisations are on the list, including: Western Christian Entertainment Limited of Falmouth, Trelawny; One-Way Deliverance Church of God of Spanish Town; Rastafari Ital Farmers Association of Drum Lane, August Town; Redeemed Pilgrims Ministry (Jamaica) Limited of Chapelton, Clarendon and The Angelic Brothers Ministries Limited of East Sabina, St Catherine.
At least three of the companies listed their addresses as based in the United States: Vision 111 Limited of Brooklyn, New York; VTEL Jamaica Limited of Davie, Florida and Southern Star Holdings S A Limited of Lutz, Florida.
Some names indicated expansive vision, such as Southcoast Airport Company Limited of Half-Way-Tree Road, Kingston; USA World Incorporated of Constant Spring Road, Kingston; Reggae Camp Fire Promotion of Bog Walk, St Catherine and Main Street of Jamaica Limited of Negril, Westmoreland.