KINGSTON, Jamaica – With the global impact of Jamaica’s Reggae and Dancehall music local acts are increasingly coming into focus with the possibility of earning big bucks.
According to therichest.com this is a list of the top ten richest Jamaican entertainers.
10) Bounty Killa --The 'Grung Gad', who has ...more »
HOURS before the guilty verdict social networks and the on the street were hot with speculation and rumour as to the fate of Buju Banton.
Afterwards the talk was of shock at the news, including from followers of the Jamaica Observer on the social networking website Twitter.
"Shocked, I thought he was going to be innocent on 3 of 4," tweeted Richard Gallimore, in reaction to a verdict of guilty on three of four charges at the United States Sam M Gibbons Federal Court in Tampa, Florida.
Meanwhile fans of Reggae mourned the loss one of its biggest stars, the self-titled 'Voice of Jamaica'.
"Buju a di heart a Reggae enu..Buju is not guilty..tell dem gu find di real criminal deem," said fellow artiste 'DiStar'.
For many, however, the verdict was the final act in a conspiracy against the artiste. "He's been framed well good am still not convince he's guilty," said Abigale Bogle.
The artiste was found guilty of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute five or more kilogrammes of cocaine, of possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug-trafficking offence and using the wires to facilitate a drug-trafficking offence.
However he was found not guilty of attempted possession with the intent to distribute cocaine.
POST A COMMENT
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.