Correction

Friday, January 18, 2013

Print this page Email A Friend!




INFORMATION to the Jamaica Observer from out of the Supreme Court on Wednesday that permission was granted for the forfeiture of Christopher 'Dudus' Coke's assets has proved inaccurate.


Queen's Counsel Michael Hylton, who is representing the Government's Asset Recovery Agency, told the Observer that an application is currently before the court for forfeiture of Coke's assets but that it was not heard on Wednesday.


Hylton said a date is yet to be set for that hearing.


Coke's assets were frozen in 2010 when he was being pursued by local law enforcement personnel for extradition to the United States on drug- and gun-running charges. Coke, the former Tivoli Gardens don, was sentenced to 23 years' imprisonment last year.


ADVERTISEMENT




POST A COMMENT

HOUSE RULES

1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper � email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy



comments powered by Disqus
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT