Fire destroys house in St Thomas

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Print this page Email A Friend!


BATH, St Thomas - Fire of unknown origin destroyed a two-bedroom board dwelling in Gordon Lane, Bath, St Thomas yesterday.

Reports from the Bath Police are that about 3:30pm the occupants were at home when they smelt smoke coming from a section of the house. Checks revealed that a room was engulfed in flames. The fire quickly spread to other sections of the house.

The police and Morant Bay Fire Department were alerted.

Loss is estimated at J$2 million. The house was not insured.

ADVERTISEMENT




POST A COMMENT

HOUSE RULES

1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper � email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy



comments powered by Disqus
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT