ST JAMES, Jamaica – The police in St James are urging females that a trend has emerged where unscrupulous individuals are using various means to lure women into sexual activities which are then secretly videotaped and/or photographed without their consent.
The victims are then threatened and fleeced of funds in ord ...more »
MONTEGO BAY, St James — The case involving two brothers charged with raping five people including an eight-year-old at Irwin Point, St James last year has been postponed until next Tuesday, March 12th.
The matter has been postponed, the Jamaica Observer was told, in order to give a senior prosecutor who recently took over the case time to peruse the document in preparation for trial.
Meanwhile defence attorney Lambert Johnson is questioning whether the prosecution will be proceedings with the case against the men in light of the fact that DNA results appears to have excluded them from the rapes.
Johnson told the Observer also that the victims said in their statement that the attackers wore masks. This, he said, will provide difficulty for the prosecution, which is going on voice recognition.
The brothers have taken up the bail offer they got the last time they appeared in court.
POST A COMMENT
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.