Irwin rape suspects pointed out
MONTEGO BAY, St James — The two suspects held in connection with raping five females, including an eight-year-old girl last week in Irwin Point were pointed out in an identification parade at the Freeport Police Station yesterday afternoon.
According to a highly placed source, the two are expected to be charged with rape today.
However, when contacted yesterday Assistant Commissioner Devon Watkis, head of the Area One Police, refused to comment on the matter. He said details of the case would be revealed during a press conference scheduled for today.
"We will be better able to brief the press on everything. Investigations continue," ACP Watkis said.
Last Tuesday, one of the suspects, who is said to be in his early 20s, was picked up by police, while the other, said to be about 18 years old, turned himself in three days later.
There has been widespread condemnation of the incident.