PHOTOS: Emancipendence in Portland
1. Award-winning members of the Port Antonio Theatre Group perform at the Emancipation Vigil staged in the town last week. (Photos: Everard Owen)
2. A painted wall on William Street in Port Antonio pays homage to Ja50.
3. Manchioneal Square is draped in Jamaica’s signature black, green of gold colours.
4. Turbo Plastic drummers and dancers at the emancipation vigil in the Port Antonio Square last week.
5. Footballers from Port Antonio High School join Mayor of Port Antonio Councillor Benny White to paint West Palm Avenue in preparation for the country’s Emancipation and Independecne celebrations
6. FirstCaribbean International Bank in Port Antonio displays historical Jamaican artifacts.