KINGSTON, Jamaica – With the global impact of Jamaica’s Reggae and Dancehall music local acts are increasingly coming into focus with the possibility of earning big bucks.
According to therichest.com this is a list of the top ten richest Jamaican entertainers.
10) Bounty Killa --The 'Grung Gad', who has ...more »
FINANCE Minister Dr Peter Phillips says public sector unions will have to limit their expectations as they prepare to negotiate a new wage and fringe benefits package for the 2012-2014 contract period, sending the Administration's clearest signal to government workers.
The finance minister would not say whether the Government would be insisting on a wage freeze, even though his warning comes as the Government prepares for further talks this week with officials of unions representing thousands of public sector workers who have been clamouring for adjustments to their salaries.
In a bid to demonstrate their appreciation for the Government's poor financial position, several of the unions decided earlier this year to forego an increase for the 2010-2012 period. However, they have been adamant that the situation will have to be different for the next contract period.
Speaking yesterday at the weekly post-Cabinet media briefing, Phillips commended the public sector unions on their decision to formally accept a zero per cent increase for 2010-2012 and emphasised that discussions aimed at arriving at a settlement for the current period were far advanced.
Those talks between Phillips and the union officials take place just days before the arrival of a team from the International Monetary Fund.
POST A COMMENT
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.