KINGSTON, Jamaica — The Collections and Accounts Unit at Customs House (Newport East) says it will be opened on Saturday, December 7, 14 & 21 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm to handle the expected influx of cargo during the busy Christmas season.
Entries that are passed from the ‘Night Lodgement System&rsqu ...more »
THE National Water Commission (NWC) on Monday apologised to customers served by the Southampton and Newell water supply systems in St Elizabeth for the disruption they continue to experience in their supplies.
The NWC said the disruption is a result of electrical problems at the Southampton facility and mechanical problems at the Newell facility, and promised to have normal operations back by August 31.
In the meantime, it said customers in the affected areas will continue to receive trucked water.
Affected areas include:
* Longwood, Lovely Point, Boxwood, Beadles Boulevard, Bona Vista, Top Burnt Ground and Seven Corners, which are served by the Southampton Well; and
* Ridge Pen, Newcombe Valley, Beacon, Treasure Beach, Billy's Bay, Bluntas, Lewis Town and Moxam Town, which are served by the Newell Well.
THE National Water Commission
(NWC) on Monday apologised to
customers served by the
Southampton and Newell water
supply systems in St Elizabeth for
the disruption they continue to
experience in their supplies.
POST A COMMENT
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.