KINGSTON, Jamaica -- Jurors have been sent home and the courtroom cleared in the Vybz Kartel murder trial to allow the court to determine the admissibility of certain evidence in the case.
Patrick Linton, former head of the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s Cybercrime Unit is giving evidence.
The court was told tha ...more »
WHILE shoppers will be concentrating on taking advantage of bargains and enjoying the festivities, more dubious characters will be focusing on using the opportunity to fleece unsuspecting victims, or helping themselves to shoppers' belongings.
The police say they will be making adequate deployments to deal with the increased number of people expected in the main business districts of the country. However, it is still imperative that shoppers remain alert and pay attention to their personal safety. Here are some tips:
* Avoid travelling with large amounts of cash. If you must travel with cash, be sure to make it inconspicuous.
* Think twice about carrying large handbags.
* Take careful note of the persons around you, and recognise if you are being followed. If you believe you are being followed, stay in a well-populated area and use a cellular phone to call the police, or ask someone for help. Never show fear.
* It is best to travel in groups.
* Do not park in lonely or poorly lit areas.
* Approach your vehicle from an angle that allows you to see inside.
* When taking public passenger vehicles, always make a mental note of the vehicle's make or model, its registration number, and the other passengers. Be wary if drivers divert from the normal route.
* It is always a good idea to let someone know where you plan to go and when you plan to return.
POST A COMMENT
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.