Traffic changes to facilitate fireworks on the Waterfront
THERE will be temporary traffic changes in downtown Kingston this afternoon to facilitate tonight's fireworks on the Waterfront.
The Urban Development Corporation (UDC), organiser of the event, said access to the following roads will be limited as of noon today:
* Duke Street, in the vicinity of the Bank of Jamaica Car Park;
* King Street, at the intersection with Port Royal Street;
* Orange Street, just below the entrance to the multi-storey car park;
* Princess Street, at the intersection with Port Royal Street; and
* West Street at the intersection with Port Royal Street.
Duke Street, at the intersection with Nethersole Place, will be closed at 4:00 pm, while no parking will be allowed on Port Royal Street.
Meanwhile, Church Street, before the entrance to the Jamaica Conference Centre's multi-storey car park, will facilitate two-way traffic. There will also be two-way on Orange Street, between Port Royal Street and the multi-storey car park.
Secured public parking will be offered at West Street Car Park, Downtown Kingston Transportation Centre, Harbour/Port Royal Street Car Park, Bank of Nova Scotia car parks and Bank of Jamaica Car Park.