Click here to print page

Boys in alleged bus conductor attack remanded

Saturday, March 17, 2018

THE three teenagers who allegedly attacked a bus conductor in Hanover last week were yesterday remanded when they appeared in the Children's Court Division of the Hanover Parish Court.

The teenagers were charged after a video, which showed people appearing to be students using stones and what appeared to be a cutting implement to attack a bus conductor, went viral on social media.

Two of the boys — ages 16 and 17 — are being provided legal representation through the Legal Aid Council, a release from the Ministry of Justice said yesterday.

The family of the third minor charged has secured legal representation for him, the release said.

Arising from the incident, the minors have been charged with assault occasioning bodily harm and malicious destruction of property.

When they appeared before Parish Judge Pamella Blackhall yesterday, all three minors were remanded until March 28 when a bail application is expected to be made on their behalf.