Food poisoning hits Australian Olympians
LONDON (AP) — The Australian Olympic team says three badminton players got food poisoning at the team's training camp in England.
Ross Smith, Renuga Veeran and Glenn Warfe missed warm-up matches against the British team after being forced to spend yesterday in bed in the central city of Derby.
Australian team manager Lasse Bundgaard says "the doctor came and put them on medication and confirmed the athletes had suffered from food poisoning".
Bundgaard says he expects the athletes will recover in time to resume training today.
Two other team members, Leanne Choo and Victoria Na, were not affected.