JCA mum on Under-15 blunder
THOUGH three weeks have passed since the country's participation at the 2012 regional Under-15 tournament was put in serious doubt due to an administrative blunder by the Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA), it is not yet known if anyone will be held accountable.
JCA president Lyndel Wright told the Jamaica Observer on Tuesday that investigations were carried out, but he was tight-lipped about the findings and did not say what action will be taken.
"We had an investigation and the information has been tabled. We will come to some action or decision," he said, while declining to comment on when a ruling will be announced.
Mere days before the squad was to depart for St Kitts, JCA officials discovered an age limit amendment had been overlooked in the competition's 2012 Playing Conditions guidelines.
The error left parents and some followers outraged, while forcing a selection reshuffle that saw 12 players -- who were ineligible based on the rules -- having to be replaced at the last hour.
At the time, Wright blamed the Cricket Operations and the JCA secretariat when asked about which arm of the association should be held accountable.
"I think that Cricket Operation has a major role to play and also the secretariat in terms of the information," he had said.
The Observer understands that following the embarrassing episode, JCA director Dudley Bryan led an investigation and recently handed in a report to the executive.
Meanwhile, the squad is scheduled to return today after a series of weak performances and that meant they were unable to successfully defend their title.