* The Olympic Park is the largest new urban parkland to be created in Europe for 15+ years, and the cleaned-up and reprofiled river valley is now providing both new wildlife habitats and significant food alleviation.
* The Olympic Stadium is the most sustainable Olympic and Paralympic stadium in history.
* The London 2012 Games are the first in history to measure their carbon footprint over the entire project term.
* London 2012 is the first Games to commit to a Zero Waste to landfill target through Zero Waste Games Vision.
* The Active Travel Programme launched in October 2011, aims to achieve one million extra walking and cycling journeys in London every day of the Games.
* All caterers for the Games are signed up to meeting the Food Vision standards, ready to serve 14 million sustainably sourced meals.
— Source: London 2012 pre-Games sustainability report.