SIDELINED senior Jamaica wicketkeeper batsman Carlton Baugh Jr is now awaiting the verdict of the Jamaica Cricket Association's (JCA) Disciplinary panel following a hearing yesterday.
The 31-year-old gloveman was barred from training with the rest of the squad as a result of a stand-off between himself and the national selection panel, headed by Chairman Wavell Hinds.
The final Super50 squad is expected to be named by next Friday.
The selection panel named a 45-member training unit last month, however, it is said that problems arose after Baugh requested a day off from practice when he realised there was a clash with personal business he had to undertake on December 20.
The JCA Secretariat, it is alleged, declined the request and Baugh missed that training session.
The sidelined West Indies player was subsequently told that he would not be allowed to take part in team practice until a disciplinary hearing was held.
The Jamaica Observer understands that yesterday's meeting apparently went well for the Baugh camp, but the disciplinary panel wants to discuss its finding with the JCA before making it public.
When contacted last evening, Baugh was brief. "I can't say much right now, but I am waiting on the association to get back to me."
Michael Hall, who represented the gloveman at the hearing, also declined to give details. "I am not in a position to disclose what took place at the meeting. I went to the meeting with Mr Baugh and he is awaiting a response from the officials," he said.
And efforts by the Observer to get a comment from other JCA officials last evening proved futile.