Around the Entertainment Globe - August 28
1. Musical stalwart and newly confirmed American Idol judge Mariah Carey has released the Nick Cannon (her husband) directed music video for her comeback single aptly titled Triumphant (Get Em). The single features Maybach Music Group's head honcho Rick Ross and his fast-rising protégé Meek Mill.
2. Rapper-singer Nicki Minaj has revealed the image and title of her debut fragrance called Pink Friday. In addition, Minaj has released a video for her new single I Am Your Leader, which features Rick Ross and Cam'ron. Also B.O.B has released the video for his Nicki Minaj collaboration called Out Of My Mind.
3. Rapper Lil' Wayne has created a whirlwind of controversy by stating in a recent MTV News interview "Flat out; I don't like New York." While he didn't say what has lead to his negative sentiments towards the iconic American city, a major factor could have been his near year-long incarceration in 2010 due to a 2007 gun possession arrest in New York. New York Senator Malcom Smith has blasted Lil' Wayne for his comments, and has responded to the rapper by saying that the state's citizens should not support his music or products and has demanded an apology.
4. Dancehall heavyweight Mavado has been given a major international promotional boost by his current We The Best Music Group label head DJ Khaled. DJ Khaled, alongside Mavado, premiered his music video for his latest single Suicidal Thoughts, which features the singjay, at BET's popular music countdown show 106 & Park. In addition, the video features Mavado's single Aktion Pack. Both Aktion Pack and Suicidal Thoughts can be found on DJ Khaled's latest album Kiss The Ring.
5. The record seven-time consecutive Tour De France winner and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong has decided to give up his fight against doping charges made against him by the US Anti-Doping Agency. The shock move will result in an inevitable stripping of his cycling titles and a lifetime ban from the sport.