LOATOYA HEYWOOD, PURCHASING MANAGER, LASCO DISTRIBUTORS LIMITED
Children: Hakeem, 27; Ricardo, 22; and Courtney, seven
"IN my daily life, whether it may be social or work, I have always looked forward to going home to my family. Having two adult sons and always wanting a little girl, and the fact that God has finally blessed me with a daughter who is now seven years old; this little girl is such a bundle of joy that just amazes me every single day and keeps me younger as the days go by," Loatoya Heywood shared.
"I have always embraced being a mother, even with all of its trials and lessons, but having a daughter is like a dream come true. I no longer have to play with dolls, I can now instil the morals that have been imparted to me by my parents. I now have the ability to help shape another young mind and allow her to blossom into the woman she will become. I also have the privilege of teaching my daughter self-love and self-respect at an early age; as I continue to embrace the love, joy, peace and lessons that motherhood brings."
She explained that in her social life, she has extended her motherhood to the many children in her extended family and community, "as well as the children's home that we have adopted through the Fusion Optimist Club of New Kingston; where we will carry out our outreach programmes".
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.