The Port of Falmouth has won two major awards at this year's first staging of the annual World Cruise Awards.
Falmouth won World's Best Cruise Terminal 2021 and the Caribbean's Best Cruise Terminal 2021. The winners of the various category awards were announced on Thursday.
World Cruise Awards is a global initiative to recognise and reward excellence in the cruise industry.
Arising from the victory, the Port Authority of Jamaica, which manages Jamaica's cruise ports remarked that, “Falmouth sets the standard for the Caribbean's cruise terminals, and despite the adversity caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Highlighting that Jamaica is an iconic cruise destination with tremendous bucket-list appeal and tantalising cruise passenger experiences, the Port Authority added that, “our passion continues to push us forward and we have maintained our stature as an award-winning cruise product with world class cruise ports and facilities in which we have made significant investments.”
World Cruise Awards serves to recognise, reward and celebrate excellence in the global cruise sector through our annual awards programme.
Receiving a World Cruise Award is a world-class achievement that provides the winner with the ideal marketing tool to promote their award-winning products and services ahead of their competitors.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.