LIKE most Jamaicans, deejay Alien Jackson is concerned about the constant increases in food prices and utility bills.
He shares his concerns on Inflation, which features Warrior King.
"This song was inspired by current economic trends. Inflation is running rampant all over the world and financial experts are predicting another worldwide recession. The sad thing is, the high rates of inflation are making things difficult for poor people. This is a very sad situation because some people can hardly find food to eat in these times," said Alien Jackson.
Inflation was produced by Alien Jackson Music and released on all digital and streaming platforms last December.
"When I am writing my songs I draw inspiration from everyday life and everything that is happening around me. I am on a mission to uplift and educate people with conscious reggae music," said Alien Jackson.
The artiste, who began his musical career six years ago, is confident of achieving success.
"I am working patiently and diligently to build my career. I am in no rush to be a star, but I know that my success is sure. Right now I am focused on making music that will stand the test of time," he reasoned.
Born Jason Lowe, he hails from Santa Cruz in St Elizabeth.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.