After a month-long run at the Courtleigh Auditorium in New Kingston, Jambiz International takes their hit comedy Anancy & Pinocchio to rural audiences.
Lenny Salmon, a director with that company, told the Jamaica Observer that the Kingston dates end today at the Courtleigh.
On Saturday, Anancy & Pinocchio heads to Belair High School in Mandeville for two shows.
On February 12 the play is scheduled for Half Moon Conference Centre in St James, also for two shows.
Salmon said it has "been quite a few years since we went rural", and Jambiz International are considering adding venues in St Ann, St Catherine, St Elizabeth, and Clarendon.
Anancy & Pinocchio, which stars Glen Campbell, is the second production staged by the company at Courtleigh Auditorium. For many years, Jambiz International called the Centerstage Theatre, also in New Kingston, home.
After a two-year absence due to COVID-19, they moved to the larger Courtleigh Auditorium. According to Salmon, he and his partners are warming to their new surroundings.
"We have managed to convince quite a few of our loyal Centerstage patrons to come to the Courtleigh, and though they say that they prefer the intimacy which Centerstage offered, they do like the Courtleigh. This is our second production at the Courtleigh and it's been good so far — far from spectacular, but good," he said.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.