Jamaica Observer Table Talk Food Awards judge Oneal Johnson along with his fellow exercise junkies aka "Machines" took advantage of Valentine's Day to express not only their love and appreciation of each other, but to also share a common bond: that of seeking out new culinary experiences. Top of the list of new spots was Silli Chili, an Asian fusion restaurant located at 9-11 Phoenix Ave, Kingston 10.
The Machines found this quaint oasis to be unique with a menu that few restaurants can match, providing a wide variety of Asian cuisines to choose from.
The restaurant's ambiance mirrors that of a rustic garden experience with tables arranged in a manner to make patrons feel as if they were in their own private space; the interior features the traditional table and chair arrangements.
After a detailed introduction of the menu with recommendations by Sunil Chandwani, owner and operator, Johnson and guests enjoyed prosecco and hand-crafted cocktails. Eager to start eating, they enjoyed a few of the popular appetisers, notably Veg Schezwan noodles, a vegetarian option; and chicken lollipops which were crunchy, crispy and bursting with flavours; and chicken and shrimp 65 for those who enjoy a kick of something spicy.
The entrée selections included butter chicken, fish butter masala, garlic butter sauce lobster, a selection of naans, and rice. The unanimous verdict: deliciously filling!
•When it comes to dining out, there may be a few things to consider in determining what a great dining experience is:
•Service that is friendly and personalised.
•Excellent food every time.
•A memorable ambiance.
•Customer service that is efficient and personable.
Silli Chili checks all of those boxes!
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.