There's a high probability that a bar will be successful if service is excellent, drink and food selections are great, and the vibe just right! Such is the case with the Regency Bar & Lounge located at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. The posh hang-out spot has been a crowd favourite since its opening in 2013. And still attracts the flyest millennials and hippest baby boomers.
Hotel director Christelle Harris agrees, however, that despite the establishment's ongoing success, there's always room for improvement. And on Tuesday, March 14, Harris and her team unveiled a revamped food and beverage menu. "What we're doing tonight is introducing new items. We're also introducing new cocktails for our 'Endless Cocktails' programme that we have every Friday night," explained Harris. "Some of the favourites at Regency Bar & Lounge will always be favourites, but the truth is we have new things that will blow your mind! One of my favourites is what we call Arancini. That's really just an Italian name for stuffed rice balls, and they're these wonderful little pockets of bliss!"
Bar bites — we've got our eye on Harris' fave rice balls and the salmon rillette! — burgers and sandwiches, as well as comfort plates, are prepared by the hotel's award-winning culinary team.
The bar peddles your typical Moscow mules and rum punch but also serves up more interesting cocktails like the Elderflower Martini and Drunk In Love, which is made with Sangster's Rum Cream, amaretto, coffee liqueur, and whipped cream.
Dine indoors and enjoy the space's rich wood interior, or al fresco if that's more your vibe. Entertainment is as diverse as it is good, with Jazz Nights on Wednesday, and Latin Nights every other Thursday. This is subject to change depending on the month and so patrons are advised to check for updates on the bar's Instagram page: @regencybarandlounge.
Endless cocktails reconvened on Friday, March 17 and takes place every Friday. Merritone (oldies) Sunday is also on each week, and there are also 2-for-1 cocktails every Saturday.
Reason enough, we reckon, to get out of the Waterloo Road bumper-to-bumper traffic and chill awhile!
Photographer: Naphtali Junior
Regency Bar & Lounge
Located @ the Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
17 Waterloo Rd, Kingston
Sunday to Thursday : 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday and Saturday : 2:00 pm - 2:00 am
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.