It’s World Veterinary Day at Caymanas Park tomorrow (April 30) with the feature race on the 11-race programme being the World Veterinary Day Trophy – a three-year-old and upwards Overnight Allowance call over one mile.
Below is the analysis of the nine runners entered for this trophy event.
1. SENTIENT: (6 ch h by Strikewhileitshot – Lady Geetadeo) – Slowly but surely Sentient is coming into his own. After three starts this season coming off a long break, Sentient has not found his best stride yet, seemingly needing more time, but based on his back class can handle these. It appears to be a matter of time for Sentient, who cannot be ruled out while still running in this grade. It is noted that champion jockey Anthony Thomas replaces regular Dane Dawkins in the saddle.
2. LOOSE BALL: (5 dkb g by Fearless Vision – My Friend Lucy) – Off the board in his last five starts and it should be the same for Loose Ball come tomorrow.
3. ATLANTIC BLUE: (7 ch h by Strikewhileitshot - Luvable) – Showed signs of form on March 12, when finishing third behind I’ve Got Magic and Crimson. Atlantic Blue while still getting acclimatised to this grouping will be left behind.
4. GAMBLER: (5 b m by Freedom for Jante – Kennisha) – Gambler did well when finishing third on March 19, behind Curlin’s Affair and Rum With Me. Gambler faces Curlin’s Affair once more, which should make his chances of winning difficult.
5. SPARKLE DIAMOND (USA): (6 ch h by Include - Myntz Connection) – Sparkle Diamond has been racing in the class above since December of last year and has been consistent without rustling any feathers. Now, Sparkle Diamond returns to Overnight where he was a winner (November 20) beating I’m Fred, who he meets again at about the same handicaps. Sparkle Diamond, therefore, cannot be ruled out of contention.
6. HELICOPTER: (5 b g Storm Craft – Face Tracker) – Can only hope to land on a place on the board.
7. RAW LIQUID: (6 b h by Liquidity – Good Investment) – Raw Liquid did really well on April 16, when he finished 4 ¼ lengths third behind winner Hover Craft and Supreme Soul going the two turns of nine furlongs and 25 yards. In that race, at the top of the straight, Raw Liquid was in front making the one mile of this trophy race more to his liking, plus Raw Liquid is going seven pounds lighter. He cannot be ruled out.
8. I AM FRED (USA): (4 b g by Golden Lad – Happy Hailey) – Coming off a four-month break, I’m Fred ran an encouraging race to finish a length and quarter in third place behind Runaway Algo and Mahogany in the Easter Sprint Cup over 5 ½ furlongs on April 18. With the distance increased, I Am Fred is better off, and with him continuing to show up at exercise can certainly go one better.
9. CURLIN’S AFFAIR: (4 ch c by Perfect Curlin – Nuclear Affair) – Ran well when finishing fourth in the recent Easter Sprint but with I Am Fred again present, Curlin’s Affair will have to show some improvement to get to the winners’ enclosure in front.