ST THOMAS, Jamaica – A man has been charged with burglary and wounding with intent in relation to an incident that occurred on the Prospect main road in St Thomas on Wednesday, March 15.
Charged is 22-year-old Brian Bailey, otherwise called ‘Blackman’, a labourer of Salt Lane in the parish.
Reports from the Morant Bay police are that about 2:20 am, Bailey gained entry to the complainant’s house. The man was subsequently awakened by the noise and went to investigate when he saw Bailey inside the house.
A tussle ensued between them and Bailey chopped the complainant several times with a machete.
The police were summoned and the injured man was taken to hospital, where he was admitted.
A report was made to the police and an investigation launched. Bailey was later arrested and charged on Tuesday, March 21 after he was interviewed in the presence of his attorney.
He is scheduled to appear before the St. Thomas Parish Court on Friday, March 24.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.