KINGSTON, Jamaica - The Edwin Allen pair of Shamoyea Morris and Dionjah Shaw lead the qualifers for Friday’s final of the Class 2 Girls' discus throw after Thursday morning’s preliminaries at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium.
They will however have to face defending champion Najhada Seymoure of Excelsior High who will be seeking to retain her title when the event gets going on Friday’s fourth day.
The Edwin Allen girls were the only throwers to go over 40.00m as Morris who was second to Seymoure last year, led the qualifiers with 42.98m with her teammate Shaw who broke the Class 3 record last year, next with 41.76mm
Semoure had the eighth best mark of 38.22m as Clarendon College’s Marla Kay Lampart and St Jago High’s Rehanna Biggs both threw 39.48m while the second St Jago thrower, Mimeka Smith, also threw 39.15m.
– Paul A Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.