KINGSTON, Jamaica – Edwin Allen High’s Monique Stewart completed a Class 2 double on Saturday at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys’ and Girls’ Athletics Championships, winning the 800m gold to add to her earlier victory in the 1500m.
Stewart ran 2:11.00 to hold off Holmwood Technical’s Cindy Rose who ran 2:11.67 with St Catherine High’s Kitania Headley taking the bronze in 2:11.73.
Her teammate, Amoya Jameison, who was sixth in the 1500m, won the Class 1 800m, running 2:09.85 to finish ahead of Kishay Rose of Alphansus Davis High (2:10.24) and Holmwood’s Jody-Ann Mitchell (2:10.51).
St Jago High’s Kededra Coombs won the Class 3 final in 2:15.49, finishing well ahead of St Mary’s College’s Latanya Dixon (2:16.03) and Alikay Reynolds of Alphansus Davis High (2:16.59).
-Paul A Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.